This weekend my roommates and I decided to host a wine tasting. We got together with friends and hunted for the best under $12 bottle of wine. Some were good, some were terrible but in the end we had lots of leftover wine.
In order to use it up, I scoured the Internet for great leftover wine recipes. After a few minutes of searching I came across this recipe for a white wine vinaigrette. Having not grocery shopped in a few days, my cupboards were a bit bare. I decided that the best use for this vinaigrette would be over a couscous salad.
I raided my crisper and chopped up a bunch veggies to make a quick and easy dinner. All in all a nice way to re-purpose some leftovers.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- White Wine Vinaigrette
- Assorted veggies, chopped into bite sized pieces (I used red pepper, cucumber, red onion, broccoli)
- Cook couscous according to box directions
- Toss couscous with assorted veggies and toss with dressing
- Serve and enjoy!
White Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 T honey
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients besides the oil in a medium sized bowl
- In a constant stream whisk oil into white wine mixture
- Serve over favorite salad and enjoy!